The Fifth Fryderyk Chopin Competition for Young Pianists
November 10-11, 2018
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1.The Fryderyk Chopin Competition for Young Pianists will be held on November 10-11, 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia;
2.The competition is open to pianists of 12 -16 years (including), from all regions of Georgia;
3. All competitors will bear the accommodation and travel expenses on their own;
4. The competition consists of one round (25-30 min);
5. The audition will be held on November 10 at the Tbilisi State Conservatoire Recital Hall;
6. The Competition is open to the public;
7. The program shall be performed from memory;
8. No changes in the submitted program will be accepted;
9. The order of performances in the Competition will be determined by drawing of lots;
10. All competitors must attend drawing of lots on November 9, 2018 at the Tbilisi State Conservatoire Recital Hall;
11. All laureates will be awarded prizes and diplomas;
12. Prize-award ceremony and Gala Concert will be held on November 11 at the Tbilisi State Conservatoire Grand Hall;
13. All prize winners must take part in the Gala Concert without receiving a fee;
14. All decisions of the Jury will be final and beyond appeal;
15. The Jury shall have the right not to award any of the prizes;
16. In the event of any recordings all rights belong to the Georgian Music Competitions Fund.
Program (25-30 min):
1. One Etude by Chopin (except op.10 N: 3, 6 and op.25.N: 7);
2. Piece by Georgian Composer (about 5 min);
3. One or more pieces by Chopin.
- I prize – 2000 GEL
- II prize – 1500 GEL
- III prize – 1000 GEL
- “For Artistry” – Sergo Markosian
- “For the best performance of the Georgian composer’s work”
Recital in Warsaw – organized by “F. Chopin Institute” (Warsaw, Poland).
Application for Participation
October 1, 2018 - Deadline for sending a filed out application form and complete program. Actual timing of each work performed must be stated accurately and the program should correspond to the allotted time (25-30 min).
The Following attachments should be submitted together with the application form:
- A copy of a birth certificate;
- Short CV;
- Recent high-quality photograph (JPG File);
- Recommendation letter from music school;
- Complete program;
- Bank requisites.